Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year

So I am as bad as Tom at posting. I used to have a blog that I updated daily for years, but no more. This year I will do my best to update more regularly. I won't promise much, as life at times gets in the way.

Since summer we have lost two of our beloved family members. Kevin, Tom's uncle, passed away after a long and hard fought battle with cancer. Michael, Tom's cousin, was suddenly taken from us in a car wreck just a few days ago.

It is hard to focus on the positive of a year when so much was lost. My heartbreaks for my children. They have had to face the pain of loss too early in their lives. I hope that we are guiding them well through the grieving process. It is so hard to know.

We are closing the door on 2009 and looking forward. We will live this as the year of no regrets. We will leave no positive word unsaid and be sure that what others receive from us is kindness and respect.

The Baker Family wishes you peace and love in this new year.

No comments: