Saturday, February 24, 2007

Brief update - More to come

I know it's been a while. I'm sorry. I have been shirking my duties as purveyor of Baker Monkey knowledge. I'm sorry. I've been very busy and just haven't made the time to update in a while. If it makes you feel better I've been neglecting my music site as well.

Maggie went to UK's last home gymnastics meet yesterday. Princess Pinky wrote all about it in this post, complete with a picture of my girl with two of her favorite gymnasts. From what I hear Maggie is really coming out of her shell and actually talked with these girls at length about gymnastics without the usual fidgeting and hiding. I wish I could have been there to see it.

Josh turns seven today. We're having a family party today and then a friends party tomorrow at Kids' Place. I'll do a whole new post on that soon, complete with pictures and everything. Josh's basketball team (which I have been helping coach) is doing very well. They're learning a lot and improving with each practice and game. It's been a lot of fun for me to watch these kids develop.

Caleb has been helping me coach. I think it's mostly because he's been very needy lately, particularly wanting to be around whoever is least available at the time. If his mother is cooking dinner or cleaning the kitchen, or even updating her blog with way more regularity than I have been, then he wants her. If I'm across the gym trying to teach nine other kids how to rebound, then he wants me. That said, he's having fun being around the bigger kids. Plus he got to dunk on Wednesday (with some help), so he's having a lot of fun.

Like I said, I'm sorry I've been neglecting you. I'd make some sort of empty promise to do better in the future, but I'm not sure that either of us would believe it.

Well, I will promise something. I'll post about Josh's birthday parties soon.

Tom

No comments: